Power Quality Audit Want us to call you
Objective – Power Quality Audit:
Client intends to assess its electrical service infrastructure and equipment for the harmonic analysis study in order to determine the source of power quality problems and to devise a solution to that problem which includes:
- Analysing the quality of power by finding the levels of current and voltage harmonics, power factor etc.
- Suggesting measures to overcome the identified power quality problems
Scope of the Study:
To achieve the objective of this study, the power quality shall be assessed based on following parameters:
- Harmonics - sinusoidal voltages or currents having frequencies that are integer multiples of the frequency at which the supply system is designed to operate
- Phase-phase/Neutral RMS voltage variations.
- Frequency variations
- Ground - Neutral RMS voltage variations.
- Load RMS current variations
- Power Factor - Improvement in power factor
The following International Standards are used to assess the power quality.
- IEEE – 519:1992 - “Recommended Practices and Requirements for Harmonic Control in Electrical Power Systems”.
- IEEE – 1159:1992 - “Recommended Practice for Monitoring Electric Power Quality and measuring power quality events”
At Sparrow, we are using the widely accepted IEEE 519: 1992 standard and IEEE 1159:1995 along with the best industrial practices to assess the power quality.