Fire Safety Audit Want us to call you
Objectives of Fire Safety and Risk Assessment
- A Fire Safety and Risk Assessment can provide levels of confidence that the compliance with the benchmarks of National Building Code, 2005 and relevant Indian standards have been met.
- The objective of Fire Safety and Risk assessment is to review the design, installation and maintenance of fire protection systems and equipment to analyze the gap and Risk associated in the requirements of the relevant design, installation and commissioning Standards and all other potential fire hazards.
To evaluates the Fire Safety/Risk Practices against applicable National / International standards.
- Evaluate potential Fire hazard in the premises and suggest suitable preventive measures.
- Checking the adequacy and maintenance practice of the following Fire protection system provided in the premises and Suggest suitable recommendation as per NFPA / NBC / Local Statute / TAC (whichever applicable.)
- Automatic Sprinkler system
- Fire detection and Alarm system
- Fire Hydrant system and requirement of Fire pumps and Water storages.
- Fire extinguishers
- Checking the adequacy and conditions of the Fire exit, Fire escape route and access route for Fire emergency vehicle.
- Assess the requirement of Passive Fire protection system like cable pass sealant etc.
- Assessment of Fire safety training level of Security staff, and Facility Management Staff.
- Verification of statutory compliance with respect to Indian Electricity rules. This would include the following
- Compliance to Statutory Rules Applicability of rules (Indian electricity Rules, Compliance to inspector’s reports)
- Physical inspection to identify electrical causes of fire hazards (arc flash, fire in cables/wiring, explosion of batteries etc., overloading of electrical equipment and cables) and to suggest electrical safety solutions.
- Review of protection devices / system of the electrical installation MCB / MCCB for Main Electrical panel and DG Panel, ELCB for PDB and Surge protection device.
Standards and Regulations
Brief List (not limited to following) –
- Indian Electricity Rules 1956
- CEA 2010
- CEA Regulations 2010
- Indian Electricity Rules 1956
- IS 10028 : Code of Practice for Transformer (Installation/Operation/Maintenance)
- IS 3043 : Code of Practice for Earthing
- IS 1646 : Code of Practice for Fire Safety of Buildings – Electrical Installations
- IS 7689 : Guide for control of undesirable static electricity.
- NEC 2011 : National Electrical Code 2011
- IS 818 : 1968 Code of practice for Safety and Health Requirements in electric and gas welding and cutting operations.
- IS 2309 : 1989 Code of practice for the protection of buildings and allied structures against lightning.
- IS 4691 : 1985 Degrees of protection provided by enclosure for rotating electrical machinery.
- IS 5216 : 1982 Part I Recommendations on safety procedures and practices in electrical work - General
- IS 5216 : 1982 Part II Recommendation on safety procedures and practices in electrical work – Life Saving Techniques
- IS 15652 : 2006 Specification for rubber mats for electrical purpose
- IS 5571 : 2000 Guide for selection of electrical equipment for hazardous areas.
- IS 8923 : 1978 Warning symbol for dangerous voltages
- National Building Code:2005
- IS 1644 - Code of practice for Fire Safety of buildings: Exit Requirements and Personnel hazard.
- IS 2190 -Selection, installation and maintenance of first-aid fire extinguishers, code of practice
- IS 2189- Selection, Installation and maintenance of Automatic Fire Detection and alarm system, Code of Practice (Third Revision)
- IS 1646-Code of practice for Fire Safety of buildings: Electrical Installations
- IS 12459 – Code of practice for fire safety in Cable runs
- IS 5216-Recommendation on safety procedure and practices in electrical work.
- Good Engineering Practices
- TAC- Tariff advisory Committee Guidelines
- National Lighting Code 2010
- IEC 61643 – Low Voltage Surge Protective Devices
- Many other – Relevant IS